1/11/10

Update

It's 8:30 and I talked to the agency a couple of times today, got a few emails, sent off some paperwork to China and I don't know any more than I did this morning. They are still optimistic, but I think that until we have all the "Peking" ducks in a row we can't get too carried away.

Bottom line- God is on His throne and if this is what He want to happen then there is nothing that can prevent it from happening.

I did talk to a lady who has adopted 6 children from China and she said she was amazed how much faith and courage we had to start with a child this old. I guess I hadn't really thought too much about what might be coming after we pick up our son- if God allows that. I said, "Well, maybe it is not that I have so much faith, maybe I'm just ignorant". She said- "That's how God shows He is using us- using the simple to confound the wise". I guess that's me.

I'm excited to be used in whatever simple way God wants to use a simple guy. Maybe this is why He gave us Grant's event and the whole of 2009- to build our faith in order that we would just start walking in faith, knowing that I certainly don't have any of the answers and in fact I haven't a clue what the questions are going to be. It seems that is what faith is- walking when you have no idea what will come as you walk and where you will end up, but the answer to that doesn't matter; what matters is Who we are following.

So here I am waiting to see what He will do and thinking about all the implications of where we are walking- both for us and for "Vince".

No comments:

Post a Comment