1/19/10

Up and Down

This is what you do when you're bored- hang out under a 300 year old tree.








You asked for pictures- isn't she lovely- isn't she wonderful!!!











So we met our new guide today and we quickly asked her if we were meeting Vince today- she said, "No, tomorrow. They didn't have enough time to get the paper work together at the orphanage for us to pick him up today".

We are in Tianjin now, in a new hotel room for maybe a week. A very nice room on the 15th floor in a city with many tall buildings. It is a really nice room, maybe too nice for us.









We are finding that the Chinese really seem to like their cars and houses very warm. We walked into our room and it must have been 80- so I quickly opened the windows- outside its about freezing.

We were looking at each other and Teresa said "We are going to have another person in our room tomorrow who we don't even know". That does seem a bit strange. I guess I don't really think about things like that- just go and do it.

The guide- Mary- said she thinks they may have told him yesterday. I wish I could have been there to see that exchange. It is so fun to be doing what He wants us to be doing. I still feel like I am just along for the ride and don't really have too much to do with what is going on- even the fact that I have no idea what the itinerary is must be testimony to that- I normally have to know what everyone is doing and right now I don't even know what I am doing.

I will try to post some pictures on here when w return from bumming around. thanks for watching what's going on- it doesn't seem like much. Kind of boring still, which is -I think_ how my life is normally. Maybe you wouldn't say that.

Thanks for all your prayers. Teresa said that she doesn't think many people ask to be prayed for and I think she is right. That would not have been high on my list of Christmas presents before this year- but from now on if you want to give me a box with a year full of prayer every day I don't think I could ask for a more valuable one. You can use me as your guinea pig next year if you want and see how I react:)

Does this look like someone we know?

8 comments:

  1. Bummer, but somehow what is best, right? Okay, sleeping now. And yes, post some pics! I want silly ones of Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck! We so totally know the feeling of new people suddenly sleeping in the room with you! It's amazing how God weaves us all together! We can't wait to read all about your meeting!!!

    Praying for you!
    Chris & Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you guys emailed Garry & Dawn Shultz? You are in the city they lived in for 5 years - TJ (Dawn has a FB acct) Might be fun to see where they worked or they might have suggestions for things to do there while waiting for a new child!
    Upholding you in prayer, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really hoping that tomorrow is the day for you guys! I hope that the exchange goes well and that he is receptive towards you and Teresa. He has NO idea what kind of family God has provided for him!! That is awesome that he is already being blessed by getting adopted, and doubly blessed to be adopted by a God fearing family!! I LITERALLY CAN NOT WAIT to see what God has in store!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures! (Hi, fake Elsie!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys! You are in our "home" town! We know LOTS of people in Tianjin, since we lived there five years. Just for starters, Mike & Kristen Pollock's phone number is 2368-5246. Lee & Dawn Williams, 2368-9989. Keith & Kimberly Geswein, 2369-4479. ANY of them would be happy to show you around, take you out for dinner, anything. Kristen and Kimberly are both involved in the orphanage. Hope this helps!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Tianjin,too, and just want to tell you how it warms my heart that you are adopting one of those older children from the orphanage. We have our own from there who is now seventeen--eighteen next month--and we've been so blessed by her life being grafted into ours. What a wonderful thing adoption is. Everytime i see those children my heart melts for them but the Father has only chosen one for us and we are way too old now to adopt anyway, but,i just want to encourage you in what you are doing. How wonderful! i will follow your blog now and anxiously wait to see who your new son is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey T and C, so happy for you all, we are praying everyday for PG and your travels...Yea..what a gift...

    ReplyDelete