1/27/10

Goofing Off in Beijing

Today we pretty much goofed off all day and just hung out with John.

I think he had his first ever milk shake at McD's, we went to the "silk store" which is less of a silk store and more of a bargaining experience- it was fun once we understood the basic ground rules.

We came back to the hotel, rested our feet for about a half an hour and then headed out to the subway to catch Avatar.The subway was pretty entertaining by itself. I remember my mom telling me that when she rode the subway in Tokyo, growing up, that they had "pushers" who actually helped push people into the cars and when she was in the car she could just let go of her books. I couldn't help but laugh all the way into the car- the pushers were there and we couldn't get onto the first car because there was no room- even with the pushers.

We had to switch lines and then go a few more stops, but we rode the subway because the front desk told us that traffic would be too bad to go when we needed to go. It was fun and adventurous.

The movie was the 3D version, so for sure it was his first 3D movie and maybe his first real movie- it's hard to really know for sure. The "weather" in the theater was the warmest we have ever experienced- like close to 80. He is getting better at helping us communicate with the locals.

Any word from the SR? Looking forward to hearing good reports of God's grace in everyone's life.


2 comments:

  1. Chuck, when i lived in Japan in 1986 & 90, they had the pushers still. They wear white gloves and it is quite the experience :-)
    Glad the communication is getting better for you - let me know about making an apt for you
    Lavonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chuck and Teresa,

    Thanks for all the posts. What an amazing adventure God has you on! I am looking forward to meeting John. I would say that SR is going awesome based on all the twitters I keep getting. I hope the youth understand what it means to "live on unseen things". For that matter, I hope I understand it too! Take care. You are much loved and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete