1/15/10

Head Shaking day

I am home- got here at about 5 this afternoon. So let me update you on what happened the last couple of days.

As I posted previously- no visa, no plane ticket, no completed docs yesterday at 7am. I got on the plane- which was delayed and I truly don't think I would have made it in time if I had been on the later flight. I was able to have Kimmy return the ticket we had just purchased for a complete refund. Didn't have to rent a car in SF, walked a bit, had some "Not as good as Grant's" Chinese food in China town, was in and out of the embassy in 15 minutes this morning, got paperwork through a few agencies in the US and China in one day and returned home in 30 hours. God was busy working on our behalf!!

I talked to my agency gal this morning and she said all the posts I gave you all last night about the paperwork going through is as close to a miracle as she can believe. She told me that she has not ever seen that paperwork go through in one day- thanks for all our prayers. It is really humbling to be the recipient of all this prayer. Someone came up to me and told me that she was enjoying watching the ride from the sidelines. Humm!

Teresa told me this morning that we had to do a better job of not letting our emotions go up and down so much- HA. I don't think that many would say that I like drama, but this is pretty crazy from where I sit. WAY too BIG for me. I'll work on it.

I am not going to purchase the tickets until tomorrow since the plane is pretty empty- maybe something crazy will happen there. Why don't we pray that God reduces the price of the ticket- wouldn't that be just another crazy thing? I shake my head all the time.

Well, I'm pretty tired from the last couple of days and I need to be well rested before we embark on this journey. Pray for all the requests previously and that the Lord would allow us to get in and out quickly. The agency lady told me that 10 days is really fast, 2 weeks is normal and 3 weeks is long, so I really hope He allows us to be back in 2 weeks but right now that seems pretty unlikely. I have plenty to do here rather than be out of country for 3-4 weeks, but I must be flexible.

I'll try to be open and give it to you as it happens, both fun and not so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment