1/14/10

Crazy morning! Probably crazy day.

I got up early this morning because I couldn't sleep and I feel like I have been sleeping too much lately. It wasn't anything special going on in my head, just a little reading and praying that God would direct in this crazy time. I looked at a piece of adoption paperwork and decided just to look over it quickly to make sure there was nothing there I hadn't overlooked. There was and it is something very BIG.

In many other trips to many other countries there are certain docs that need to be in hand before you leave, but with the world shrinking many are in the airport upon arrival- some are not. For example- in Ethiopia you can get your visa at the airport when you land. This is NOT the case for China. OH NO- we don't have our visas yet.

So right now-literally right now- I am inputting this in to the blog from 20-30k feet on a plane to San Fran to go to the Chinese Embassy. Wi-Fi on the plane is nice. They close at 3:00 and the site is about 20 minutes from the airport. I will get off the plane and catch a cab there and I hope there are many praying that God would once again over rule my ignorance and foolishness and allow me to both arrive in time to get them and also that they would be kind enough to allow me to pick it up today- not the norm. If either one of those 2 does not happen it might be a mess- but there is more to the story.

When I realized I hadn't done my work, I told Teresa and we took digital pictures of each other, Kimmy printed them off our computer and sized them for us, I filled out the docs while Kimmy and T were looking at flights and I headed to the airport. There was a 10:50 flight on VA and I left the house at 9:50. Ok, look at those times. No possible way that is going to happen, right? I had Kimmy book me a flight on Cont. at 12:08 but that was going to be cutting it really close- closer than it already will be- but I needed to be able to walk up and get a seat.

I figured I should at least check- at 10:45- if there was any way to get on the VA flight. Well, God delayed the flight and we took off at 11:30. OK- how can this happen without God slowing down the flight. It will be interesting to see what He does to show off when I land. I have no idea what's coming.

I do have to ask forgiveness for impatience and unbelief from my girls- as I didn't think there was any way I would be on this plane and I was not happy with their calmness in the moment. I guess this is "F" number 1 for me and we haven't even purchased the plane tickets. Thanks girls.

I'll try to keep you posted. I don't deserve this much grace. I guess that's the point of grace.

1 comment: