1/21/10

Friday Morning

OK- here's the deal- I will tell you the name of our hotel BUT you can't send us anything. If you break the rules you will be prosecuted! Those in 128 staff will smile- since I actually said it right this time.

We are at the Golden Ocean Hotel- room 1503. Anyone- PERSON- you want to send to us we will make feel at home and we will go party with them. Our friend Lavonne has given us a huge list of things we might do while we are here waiting and for the younger one in the group a little "same age" conversation might be good.

He ate like a horse last night, so that was good. All the newness and trying to be polite has him more reserved than he may normally be, but we'll get him through that in time.

His lip and palate have been repaired, but as our agency said, "not as well as they would have liked". It is still pretty cleft on the outside and we were told that they did the repair in one visit, early on, but they just don't have the quality here to repair it as well as in the US.

While we were out yesterday I couldn't tell if people were looking more at us than at him. I haven't seen anyone else here with a CL and since I can't understand anything they are saying, they may be talking about him. He seems to be a little more reserved out in public, but he is pretty reserved anyway. I hope we can get his lip repaired really well so the stigma goes away. He has a bright smile, but will have a really bright one when he is all fixed up.

I am pretty sure we are not leaving here until early next week- so we'll have the weekend here. Some of the things just "can't be done" in one day and so this is where He wants us to be, for whatever reason, and we will try to shine for Him while we are here, whatever that looks like. It certainly could be worse.

Thanks for all your comments- it really is encouraging.

2 comments:

  1. okay, so someone from our church called me today and casted there vote for the name... Timothy Hudson (or Hudson Timothy) They were saying what a legacy Hudson Taylor left and Timothy, well, its Timothy! :) I could go for any of the names on the table... but if we go with the other name selection... I vote Jonathan David :) Grant said he likes that too :) There is ALWAYS ENOCH! :) If you don't use Enoch, Ian and I will :)

    Love you guys! Can't wait for you to come home & to meet Vince! (I still think we should just call him Vince with an awesome middle name :) that is his name to me!) Once again, tell him hi & that we can't wait to meet him! We are EAGERLY awaiting his arrival! (and yours too!) :) This is turning into an e-mail instead of a comment... so there you go, that's it for now! :) Love you!

    I lied, there have been MANY phone calls about people praying for you guys, Vince, & PG! (We've had lots of good lead days! PRAISE GOD! The sales board is looking good too! YEAH!) What an AWESOME church family we have! Just thought I would let you know! You are NOT forgotten! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Kimmy, you're the awesomest daughter (except for mine, but you know what I mean). Okay, I'm done stalking the Weinbergs for the morning. Bye.

    ReplyDelete