1/22/10

Adventues in Tea Parties

We decided that doing nothing is difficult for us- in our ADD state:) No gardens to weed for T and no one to find work to do for me.

We went out for dinner, since we can't really do dinner in, and headed to KFC. It's sort of like our KFC, though I can't remember the last time I went to one in America. We had chicken "burgers" and a chicken wrap thing. The mashed potatoes are kind of like ours and Kimmy will be happy to know that John likes mashed potatoes.

From there we went to the mall wanna be and looked for some clothes for John, but he is not a kid and not an adult so they have been hard to find. He wears a size 5 shoe, they had him in a brand new pair of 6-1/2's- almost his size.

Around the corner from that store was a tea shop- we had fun there. They gave us a little tea party, trying different teas and tea sets. We bought a jasmine-green tea. It smells like a beautiful woman, but you can drink it and it keeps you awake- like a woman:) Just trying to get myself in trouble with my beautiful woman.

I don't think John knows what to think of his parents- we are not reserved or shy and we are trying to get him to try everything. He said he doesn't like tea and I told him "you're Chinese, you have to like tea", the girls at the tea store thought that was very funny. He will have to get a little more adventurous around this family.

Just sharing some of our wild adventures in the mall- NOT.

6 comments:

  1. You are so funny Chuck! Give John some time to get used to you! J.D.W., John David Williams was very proud to announce the new name you gave your son, last night in choir. He thinks it's an awesome name. I wonder why.
    Still waiting for your post Teresa.
    With our love we sign off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, when it says 'Joshua said"...it's really Arike. He just signed up before I did. He's a computer whizz, not I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so size five shoe (I had to type "size five" three times before it stopped coming out at "sive fize"), what size shirt and pants? Inquiring minds need to know. :) And Teresa, where is your post? You obey me now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been reading through the book of John all week. We hope that John David Weinberg becomes very familiar with it, very soon. We miss you yet are thrilled to enjoy this process with you. Praying for you, the vanderbekens

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit that I think I am still in shock! I am not sure that it will hit me until I see him. Maybe if TERESA posted how she is dealing with everything that might help it to sink in :) We love all of you guys and pray that you come home quickly and safely! We, as a staff can't have you and Teresa gone for too long!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are having some fun there! :) Did you realize that Dawn Shultz had sent you some names & phone #s of Christian friends of theirs in TJ - they are buried under the post entitled "Up & Down". Dawn passed on your hotel & room number but wasn't familiar with the area , so in a town of 10 million they might have a hard time finding you! (But not if God want is to happen - right :) No pressure - just wanted to be sure you knew the numbers were available to you. We are praying for you all as you adjust. (I remember feeling overwhelmed emotionally)When do you return Sateside? We are all excited to meet John!

    ReplyDelete