1/21/10

Hanging Out 15 floors up

We are hanging out in the room- having a difficult time finding things to do. It's really cold outside, so walking around is a short adventure, we didn't bring anything for him to do, since we didn't know what he would be able to do. T is giving him some math questions and he seems to know how to do math problems.

He really likes music and I think he might sit and watch an MTV type program all day. He likes to listen to classical piano music so Grant's key board may get some time. He is really quiet, but has a nice smile, his face lights up when he is successful at something. He doesn't eat very much and doesn't like sweets, so far- if he hangs out with Kimmy, Garrett and I that might change.

At this point I want to say how thankful we are for such awesome bio kids. Without their support this would be much more difficult, if not impossible to pull off well. They are all so excited to have their new brother and have been so welcoming to new ideas and additional family members. They have not been selfish, since it is Garrett's senior year and we are missing his BB games and Kimmy is planning a wedding and all that comes with that and she is quick to include him in all the plans. No selfishness from any adult children is pretty awesome. God has been gracious to us to allow His love to pour into their hearts and change them.

I was thinking this afternoon what would happen if our new son is too far behind in school to catch up by graduation, or.... There are so many "what-ifs" and no immediate answers. I was quickly- almost immediately- reminded that spiritually I will never catch up to where I "should be" but God has me exactly where He intended me to be- writing and you reading, not doing anything productive when there is work to do, thinking about things that have no clear answer when I want to have everything clear. He doesn't punish our lack because He makes up for every lack in the fullness of Himself. I'm so glad He didn't make a choice based on whether or not I would quickly figure it out- since there is no way I will quickly figure it out.

Wrestling with the name selection and still trying to get T to post something. Maybe later. Give her some encouragement and she might.





9 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait for Elsie to meet him. We have been wrestling with the thought of trying to keep Elsie's ability to speak the Mandarin language. Maybe he could help her and us!? I am so excited for you. I have that tingling excited in my tummy that I had when we first got her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, truly, contact our friends there in Tianjin. They will be happy to invite you over to their homes, show you places to go that would interest your new son, and they even have kids his age who speak Chinese! I think they could make the next few days much more enjoyable for you and him! Dawn and Lee asked me if I knew what hotel you are in so they could connect with you. But I have no clue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEASE POST TERESA. Really, you should. I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you 3!!!! What an adventure and answer to prayer..it feels like we are there with you in spirit as you write...:)

    We got a house yesterday!!! It's amazing how God works...Drew and April came over last night to see it for the first time (Oh...it's 4 houses down from my parents house by the way!!!!! :) ) and Drew mentioned how Kim is looking for a place to have a wedding outside. Keelo and I talked about it and since we have 20 ACRES of flat land, we would love to offer our land for her wedding if she and you two are interested!!! :) The land has had a couple of BIG gatherings there before...Drew thought it would be perfect! Let me know..I tried calling her at your home but no answer......I'd love to be able to tell her soon. I don;t know her...I'm calling Renee Lugg's cell now to ask......if she doesn't like it...no harm done...just an idea......Hope to see you soon! Love, Beneth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post, Teresa! Come on, you can do eeeet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are praising the Lord right along with you. We are all so excited for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Arike here:
    We are sooo happy for you and for all of us who have been praying. The kids never told me about this blog going on, so now I'll be tracking you :)
    We can't wait to meet your new son. How wonderful he speaks some english already!
    Teresa, we would love to hear what you're experiencing too. Chuck is so down to earth and makes us laugh. You should be able to make us cry...it feels good to cry, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teresa - we want to hear what you are thinking , feeling, etc :) Praying for you!

    Do consider contacting the
    Shultzes friends - there are many awesome people for you all to meet ! :) I bet they would come and get you from the hotel...

    What name is your son used to going by? Maybe he coud have some input on the naming thing...?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so happy for you!!! Praising God for all He is doing for you! I love the Blog. I am so thankful yo be able to read and see what is happening to you. Welcome Vince! The sweet tooth will change when he has tried my snickerdoodles! lol. Teresa you don't have to say a word...I am already crying with you. Good tears. But remember if you don't write it down, you might forget all the little details of each day. Love you guys and praying for your time together.Kim

    ReplyDelete