1/23/10

Happy BD to John

We were awakened early this morning by the sounds of many car horns. We are situated across the street from one of the main train stations and it seems that a full train came in and their families came to pick them up. There is no organization to the pick up/delivery system that goes on in front of the station. It literally looked like there were 15 car wrecks on the right hand side of the street, but I think people just drove up, parked their cars, got out to find their friends and returned when they were good and ready. The term "Chinese fire drill" takes on a whole new meaning.

Today John is 14. This was the day that they gave him as his BD, though there is no way to know for sure if it really is even in January- but this is the day we are going to celebrate it as such. We are going to try to find a cake and celebrate as best we can with someone who barely speaks English, since we don't speak any Chinese.

We are going to go to church at 11:30 and then we have no plans after that, so if you guys want to come over and hang out with us that would be fun- in our 350 s/f room:)

Sorry, I can't load any pictures right now because I can't open my PG email. Always something- but oh well.

We met 2 sisters yesterday from England who are here for 2 weeks. It was nice to talk to someone who spoke our language- though with a pretty heavy accent of course. The younger-22- sister is traveling for 7 months all over the world. Her next stop is Australia. She actually has one blue eye and one that is blue and brown combined- like an Australian shepherd. T got pretty choked up telling them why we were here and the older-24- tried to comfort her. I don't know if this would be one of the first stops on a trip around the world, especially arriving here in the winter. It is probably 10-ish degrees warmer here than it was in TJ.

I will post pictures later but the view from our window is crazy. They must have a optimum apartment level building because pretty much the entire landscape is filled with apartments that seem to be almost the same height and color. It is non stop buildings, but I guess if you're going to get 15 million people in one city you have to stack them up.

So many souls deceived by the prince of the power of this age, but he will lose in the future- unfortunately he will take many of these souls with him. The harvest is great- pray that The Lord of the harvest would send workers.

I'll post later today. BTW- the mandarin oranges are really good here.

Hey 128 staff- R U Ready for the SR? I can't believe we are not going to be there. We want a full report on how the meeting went.

8 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe that I have a new brother! Tell Wujohn ;) happy birthday for me! And give him a great big hug.... well, maybe a little one would be less overwhelming... but you get the idea! :)

    The meeting was great! We talked about "why retreat?" and "why do we keep studying dead guys? (or something along those lines" and "why Bunyan?" It was very thought provoking... then I missed all the administrative stuff because I was picking up MY MAN! So good to see him again!

    We miss you all so much! I am ready for you guys to come home now! This week has been CRAZY emotional for me too! I feel like I am living it right with you! Lots of tears here! (and yes, I am going to type this to the world... but it doesn't help that I am a woman! ;) haha! Love you lots!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN! (the whole john thing is hard for me! I think I am going to call him Wujohn! :) I can remember that better... I keep wanting to call him vince! :) what do you think of Wujohn? :) I like it! a mix of chines & english, or as someone asked me yesterday... american! ;) love you lots! (sorry I keep writing books in the comment section!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    Don't worry about writing books, it just shares your heart and excitment! Happy Birthday to John!!! What an awesome way to celebrate with a new family! He would be in a much different situation if God had allowed for him NOT to be adopted. I hope that your time at church would be filled with spiritual rest and that natural conversations with John will come up( well, somewhat natural, there IS a language gap after all). Love you guys, come home quickly as you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meeting went well - your daughter looked very beautiful (I wonder why?? ;). I spent the day being sad (and being annoyed at said sadness) I can't go to Snow Retreat, but thinking about the sacrifice(s) you are making for John, and the sacrifices we all make - it doesn't compare much with what Bunyan and his family went through!!

    It's hard to imagine SR without you guys, but Sean gave an exhortation to try and fill some VERY BIG service shoes without you. I'm sure they will do their best, but it can't be the same.

    Love you guys!! Can't wait to see you in a few(ish) days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI to you special friends,
    We are so excited for you, knowing that God is Good. Brandon just read your blog for the first time. He has spent this week catching up from being gone. Finals are over, packing for retreat is about done; so he is reading as we all sit together. Interesting without Connor knowing anything about retreat, he has picked up one of my favorite children's books that we have Dangerous Journey. It is the story of Pilgrim's Progress, illustrated unbelievingly well.by Alan Parry; written by Oliver Hunkin. Happy Birthday to John, we are so looking forward to meeting him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday John!!! Praising God that you are all celebrating this day together!!! God is so good. Praying for you all to return very soon, you are missed and we are excited to meet your new son. Love you guys, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Kimmy, don't worry about missing the administrative part - I signed you up for all of the tubing hill duties, just like you wanted. :)

    Snow Retreat is going to be really weird without you guys. :( But just think, next year you'll be there with John! Yay!

    Teresa, I have to tell you that I finally found a spot that needs cleaning in your house, so I'm going over to clean it before you get home, lol. I found a very small cobweb on one of the ceiling fans - I'm so excited to find dirt at your immaculate home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH NO MO! THAT MEANS ITS MY FAULT ITS NOT CLEAN! See, its not my mom who is the bad house keep for she isn't home... ITS ME! :) Praise the Lord Ian & I won't start out with a house the size of my parents... that would be a daunting task! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kimmy, you're hilarious! The cobweb is like 2 inches small. The only reason I even saw it is cause I was laying on that couch up there mesmerized by the fan. I assure you, there is no real dirt in your entire house. :) And if you get overwhelmed housekeeping, just start tearing walls down like we did. Then it will look purposeful, lol.

    ReplyDelete