9/14/09

Wash your Car with a Shovel

Have you ever had a tool that was broken, held together with wire,had a flat tire on it, or just didn't work like it was intended? Often, if I have one of those kinds of experiences I just want to throw that tool away and get another one that actually works well.

Well I never really feel like the precision tool I want to be. I need to be sharpened all the time, I need the rust knocked off of me everytime I am used, the cleanliness of the pot is less than desirable and yet for some strange reason, of which I am delighted, God still chooses to use me. I can't imagine the frustration that He would have to go through if He were not perfect and knew that all the mess was going to turn up something good in the end.

If I were Him I would want to start all over with a tool that wanted to actually do what it was made for, not one that was trying to try to be a shovel when the intention was for me to be a hose. Both of those have specific purposes and both are very useful but have you ever tried to dig a hole with a hose or wash your car with a shovel?

Isn't it awesome that God uses broken, dull tools to bring about change in the lives of others? I am so glad that He can use this tool and get some use from it. I am also very glad that He has a plan for the work He is going to do with the tool and somehow this tool is exactly what He wants to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment