9/10/09

Do Donkeys come in Herds?

I called Michelle, from Kingdom Kids, yesterday and was relaying what is happening this week over here and how we are preparing for the trip, as she is going to meet us in Ethiopia. I am really excited to see God's hand at work in the lives of those over here, even though they are not traveling with us-physically.

I told her that I was concerned that there may not be enough donkeys to go around if people give at this pace, even though there is only just over a week until we leave. I asked her what has been her experience in the past with taking donkeys. She gave me the run down.

She will tell the people there ahead of time how many donkeys are needed. In turn they will not only get them delivered to a central area, but the social workers from the villages will interview different families to see who will be most benefited by receiving a donkey. This is very important as we would not be able to tell who is really in need just going into a village.

She said that one time previously they had taken 20 goats, which are less expensive, but that donkeys are really the most valuable. She also said that we need to be prepared for the most amazing day of our lives.

The people come to the designated place to receive their donkey and they interview them and take pictures and videos as the blessings are given to their new owners. She said that we will never forget this day. Also, she said that if there were 100 donkeys given they would not run out and there would still be a need.

So "thank you" to all who have already given so generously to the people who you don't know. We will try very hard to get you all pictures and videos and to relay the stories well when we return. I am feeling a not a little pressure to not only share the stories with you but to also, in some way, convey the goodness of this back to you. I am not sure how I will do that, but know that it is on my mind already.

I want to share another short story about generous giving. I was talking with a group yesterday and one of the people had already decided to give a 1/2 of a donkey. We joked about which 1/2, front or back, right or left. I was telling the others about the program and the immense blessing it is to these people. I am excited about any dollars that come in, as every dollar helps. I finished my story and didn't really think much more about it.

I returned a little later to see that there was $50 rather than $25. I asked this person what had happened. They said, "Well, we have a date night fund and after hearing the need and how much this could benefit others I decided to use entire fund, rather than just part. They need it more than we do". WOW!

I am not God and I have stopped trying to figure out His ways, but I can't wait to see what He will do in this situation. I have heard it said that you can't out give God and I totally believe it, but He "repays" in the most amazing ways.

If you are one of these stories, when God gives back to you, please LMK what happens so I can share that story as well. It is true that we can't out give Him, that He doesn't need our money- He owns it all anyway- but the Lord loves a cheerful giver and He loves to take care of His children, and so often He gives back in a totally different way than we have given. It will be fun to watch Him work.

No comments:

Post a Comment