9/12/09

I am SO Stupid.

Well, I feel pretty stupid, but I know that God knows exactly what is going on.

Somehow, along the way I mis understood the charge for the donkeys. They are NOT $50; they are either $175 or $200. We haven't got the final price.

Sorry to all of you who took me at my word, it had no intention of misleading you. If you are all still on board we will just continue the contribution but we will just have to purchase less donkeys than I had hoped.

I talked to Michelle and asked her what we should do, buy goats for more people and just a few donkeys and she thought that we should continue on with donkeys, as others have put up dollars for goats to be delivered on our trip.

We still have raised close to $2000 and so we can get 10 and that is 10 more than were available to needy families before we started. I am taking this as both a lesson in humility and a lesson in seeing that God is the One who cares for His people, not me.

I truly was hoping we could get at least 20 donkeys and with my wrong math we would have had 40, but God knew exactly what was happening all along and I will have to trust that the sacrifice that all have made will be a sweet aroma to Him.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding. If you want to "un-contribute" please LMK and I will get the dollars you donated back to you before we leave and I will take the blame and not be upset with you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we don't care what portion of a donkey we're giving. Even just a tail would be fine, someone could pin it somewhere. :)

    Anyway, the Higligs are in for the previously stated price. :) I had to get some supplies to make these diapers work well, so that portion of the donkey will have to be purchased by someone else, lol. Anyway, I'll have our money and diapers at evening service - I still have some velcro to sew on tomorrow afternoon.

    Don't feel stupid! God is totally working through you.

    ReplyDelete