10/2/09

Last Day


We knew this would be a difficult day. The Addis compound is almost empty. The 3 infants are here, there is a 12 year old who stays here to go to school, the little girl with the heart problem and Zalech and Taydros. Just a few staff are needed and the balance either went down to Sodo or had to decline the invitation to go, as it is just too far from here.






We packed up our things and then just played with those who remained. This proved to be a very serious bonding time. The car ride was the first step, but then this almost one on one time with them

was really sweet.

There is no question in my mind that you can love these

children as much as you do your biological kids. We have only been here for 6 days and my heart hurts so bad for these we are leaving behind.




By the time we return home we will have flown some 18,000 miles and missed not a little sleep, but I would do it all over again. Teresa told me that behind Grant’s event this has been the most life changing thing in her life. I agree.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me that Zalech and Taydros came home in your suitcase for the Higgins family. :(

    ReplyDelete