10/2/09

Day 3

Is.41:17 When the poor and needy seek water,
and there is none,
and their tongue is parched with thirst,
I the LORD will answer them;
I the God of Israel will not forsake them.
18 I will open rivers on the bare heights,
and fountains in the midst of the valleys.
I will make the wilderness a pool of water,
and the dry land springs of water.
19 I will put in the wilderness the cedar,
the acacia, the myrtle, and the olive.
I will set in the desert the cypress,
the plane and the pine together,
20 that they may see and know,
may consider and understand together,
that the hand of the LORD has done this,
The Holy One of Israel has created it.

Notice the One doing all the work in this passage. I want to be a servant of the King, but there is nothing I can do that He does not do through me. As I observe all that takes place in Ethiopia each and everyday and want to find a solution and be a help in some way, but this passage tells me that all I can do is sit back and watch what He does and be amazed at His power; power to create rivers in the desert, an oasis where there should be none. He is the King of Glory, the creator of all things, His name is Jesus, Precious Jesus, the Lord of Glory, the King of my Heart, The King of Glory.

We are moving the bulk of the orphanage today from Addis south about 6 hours drive to a place called Soddo. The purpose is that most of the kids come from this district and Addis is expensive. So only the infants will remain here, as they may need to go the clinic and it is too far for them to get back. Toddlers and up will move to Soddo today. From here on the plan is to bring the kids to the new facility upon completion of paperwork and then in small groups they will be brought here for a day of 2 to visit the clinic and then returned to Soddo.

Today will be very interesting as there is a lot to do, but not like we would normally think of moving an orphanage. There are 25-ish kids, the clothes they have on their backs and very few other supplies; they just don’t have much to move. A couple of desks, few tables, some plastic chairs, some bunk beds and a few regular beds and that’s about it. We are praying for safety as we go and the Lord’s blessing on this new location; that He would make this new location a place of springs in the desert for these kids.

You can see the day unfolding in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment