8/22/09

Does God Really Listen?

I have to tell you this story; so you will be encouraged to pray and so you will know that God is totally personal.

Unknown to me, 4 years ago Mo, our youth pastor's wife, started to pray for Teresa and I. She told Sean, our youth pastor, that she was praying for something "big" for the Weinbergs. I don't think she told him then and if she did, he didn't tell me anything.

About 3 weeks ago Sean and I we having lunch and he told me about Mo praying for me. I asked, "what is the 'something'?" and he said I would have to ask Mo, but she may not tell me right now.

We had our staff meeting last weekend and so on Friday night I asked Mo. She said that it wasn't the right time yet; I think she was trying to add to the drama.:) On Sat. night I asked the same question and she said she would tell me then.

4 years-ish ago she started to pray that we would get excited about adoption. WHAT, 3 months ago, adoption was not even on our radar screen and now look where we are. How does God do those kind of things? I had no idea she was praying this way and I had no inclination except for the leading of the Holy Spirit to go this way.

This should get us excited that God does hear our prayers and He acts on them as well. He also uses those who are willing to be used, and prayer is a powerful weapon against the ruler of this world.

If you are not praying for the Weinberg family, please start. We need Him to be working in and through us as we go down this road that He has planned for us. I feel like I have no idea where the road is leading, but am really just excited to see where He takes us.

Thanks for praying Mo. God is so good.
Please pray.

1 comment:

  1. That is SSSOOOO cool!!! God IS awesome!! We are praying for you and your family. SJ

    ReplyDelete